- Multiple Benefits Seen from Portland, Oregon’s ‘Ecoroof’ Initiative
- Biochar: When Their Waste Stream Becomes Our Energy
- Loss of Land Ice (Not Sea Ice) = More Sea Level Rise
- Feeding A Growing Population In A Warmer World
- ‘Interstellar’: Looking for the Future in All the Wrong Spaces
- New Video Focuses on South Florida Sea-Level Rise, Saltwater Intrusion
- Boston Residents Learning Ways to Reduce GHG Emissions
- Gardeners Adapting to Changing Weather, Rain Patterns
- Costly and Devastating Fires Plaguing Far West
- Boston Bike Sharing
Author Archives: admin
The group that operates the Discovery Channel November 9 announced it will increase its commitment to covering science and technology through a new dedicated website and an iPhone/iPod app to provide “up-to-the-minute breaking news” on Earth, technology, and other science [...]
You could practically hear the climate contrarian blogosphere gearing up within milliseconds of Associated Press science reporter Seth Borenstein’s “Only one problem: It’s not true” rejection of claims of a global cooling.
Tipping, clinking wine glasses and a toast of “Cheers!” signaled the satisfaction at a climate science contrarians website over a recent Pew Research Center national survey finding fewer Americans see “solid evidence” of climate change as a serious issue.
Segments of the environmental journalism blogosphere went ballistic for several days in mid-October over talk show host Rush Limbaugh’s suggestion that New York Times science reporter Andrew C. Revkin “go kill yourself and help the planet by dying.”
Nature Publishing Group, publisher of the highly regarded Nature magazine, appears to be seriously considering a new climate change publication and is surveying readers about such an effort.
Gardiner sees a climate change ‘perfect moral storm.’ SEATTLE, WA. — First it was a scientific debate. Then it became also an economic and policy challenge. Now climate change is becoming a moral storm. Or maybe it always has been. [...]
In 2007, Live Earth held massive climate change-themed concerts in stadiums around the world. The star-studded shows, broadcast globally, were intended to leverage the power of music to raise awareness, change individual behavior, and increase public pressure for governments to [...]