- Understanding California’s Persistent Drought
- ‘Tiny Houses’ Taking Root in Portland Community
- Combined Heat and Power Seen Boosting Fuel Efficiency
- Where YOUR State Ranks on Energy Efficiency
- With Climate Awareness Came Science Education Concerns
- A Nature Photographer Finding Fewer Back-Yard Birds
- More Electricity from Biomass a Goal in Lake Tahoe
- A Deeper Look: 2014′s Warming Record and the Continued Trend Upwards
- Voices from Climate Scientists at AGU Annual Fall Meeting
- Avoiding a ‘Second Dust Bowl’ across the U.S.
Author Archives: admin
If misery indeed loves company, U.S.-based climate scientists and journalists may take some modicum of comfort from the similar challenges facing their British counterparts.
It’s going to cost two to three times more than the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change has estimated to adapt to projected impacts. That’s the headline from a new study released jointly by the Grantham Institute for Climate Change, [...]
One observation often made about – and most often made by – environmentalists and journalists: They tend to take themselves pretty seriously. Sometimes maybe even too seriously.
It’s a minefield out there, this thing they call the World Wide Web. Riches galore. And more rubbish than you could throw a bone to. Wheat and chaff, chaff and wheat. So here’s a start – it’s clearly intended to [...]
You can almost see them holding their noses, cringing, while sticking their toe into the waters of climate system geoengineering. But the American Meteorological Society (AMS) has done just that with a conservative and cautious policy statement emphasizing the “last [...]
It’s obvious that Greenpeace was not just accidentally omitted from the routing slip when American Petroleum Institute President and CEO Jack Gerard sent out his July “Energy Citizen” e-mail kicking off a planned post-Labor Day effort to defeat climate change [...]
“Oh, the weather outside is frightful ….” OK, so there’s no snow in the immediate outlook, it being summer in the northern hemisphere, so forget about the let it snow, let it snow, let it snow refrain. But for those [...]