- Engaged, Proactive Community Seen Critical to Resiliency Efforts
- Battery Storage Progress Seen Key to Clean Energy Future
- (What) Do We Learn from Cli-Fi Films? Hollywood Still Stuck in Holocene
- Basic Goal of ‘Boulder Strong’ … Resiliency
- Multiple Benefits Seen from Portland, Oregon’s ‘Ecoroof’ Initiative
- Biochar: When Their Waste Stream Becomes Our Energy
- Loss of Land Ice (Not Sea Ice) = More Sea Level Rise
- Feeding A Growing Population In A Warmer World
- ‘Interstellar’: Looking for the Future in All the Wrong Spaces
- New Video Focuses on South Florida Sea-Level Rise, Saltwater Intrusion
Author Archives: admin
It’s a sign of the times – and of newspapers’ economic tribulations – that the American Society of Newspaper Editors, ASNE, just two months ahead of its scheduled annual convention decided to call it quits: no 2009 convention after all.
NASA’s already thin Earth observing network of satellites became a little thinner late last month with the loss of the Orbiting Carbon Observatory during launch.
Offshore oil drilling will produce jobs and help the economy, some of the nation’s top oil company executives have been telling Congress in an effort to see more offshore sites opened to exploration and development.
The race to influence Congress is on big-time. According to a new study by the Center for Public Integrity, more than 770 companies and interest groups hired an estimated 2,340 lobbyists to influence federal policy on climate change in the [...]
The continuing contractions of serious news and serious “mainstream” news outlets may have scientists rethinking their traditional hostility to entertainment media – let’s call it edu-tainment – as a means of improving scientific understanding and science literacy.
“An impassioned plea to construct a better economics ….” And “If we can’t afford the future, what are we saving our money for?” Those are just two sound bites used by the publisher in promoting Tufts University economist Frank Ackerman’s [...]
A progressive spirit burning for several years in American evangelical circles is prompting many in that religious community to take up activism on climate change. A sign of the trend was recently on public display in Pastor Rick Warren’s invocation [...]