- Climate Connections: Alpine of the Americas Project
- Climate Connections: Climate or Weather
- Climate Connections: Alligator River
- Protecting North Carolina Wetlands as Seas Rise
- Climate Connections: Lyme Disease
- Climate Connections: Allergies Alert
- Climate Connections: Climate and Steroids
- Climate Connections: El Niño
- Climate Connections: Crazy About Coffee
- Climate Connections: Climate As Local Narrative
Author Archives: Bruce Lieberman
The opportunity to limit the rise in average global temperatures this century to 2 degrees Celsius above pre-Industrial levels — corresponding to a CO2 atmospheric concentration of 450 ppm — has pretty much slipped away, says climate scientist Robert Watson.
Climate models presented at AGU meeting project drier conditions and increased fire risk across the U.S. in coming decades.
Scientists at AGU 2012 discuss new insights into weather phenomena, and the degree to which a warming climate may shape them.
Learning the ABCs of climate change requires more than the right science, educators at the AGU meeting in San Francisco say. New teaching methods, better understanding of science are also needed.
‘Golden State’ pursues ‘Goldilocks’ economy and environment in challenging climate as world looks on for what could become global model.
Part II on editorials and opinion columns on 2012 weather anomalies covers media in the South, the Great Lakes and Midwest regions, and the West.
Editorial and opinion writers in news media throughout the northeastern U.S. and the Mid-Atlantic region used the 2012 spring and summer months — and the wildfires and heat waves that characterized them — to express a range of views on [...]