- Climate Connections: Scientist Turns Solar
- Climate Connections: Science Museum Energy Retrofit
- Climate Connections: Alpine of the Americas Project
- Climate Connections: Climate or Weather
- Climate Connections: Alligator River
- Protecting North Carolina Wetlands as Seas Rise
- Climate Connections: Lyme Disease
- Climate Connections: Allergies Alert
- Climate Connections: Climate and Steroids
- Climate Connections: El Niño
Author Archives: Christine Woodside
Humans carry responsibility — and should take action — United Church of Christ tells its members.
Should climate scientists and climate communicators be tweeting? Can they afford not to?
Morning coffee and reading the day’s paper … more changes coming? Coffee production and inventories are being stretched in part as a result of a changing climate. That well entrenched morning ritual of a newspaper in one hand and a [...]
“Rebound” effect and “backfire” are big on certain journalism blogs these days, but reporters should take heed in not over-doing the current buzz on the reverse effects of energy efficiency measures.
Until BP’s Deepwater Horizon explosion in April and continuing oil spill crisis in the Gulf of Mexico, many in the news media covered deepwater oil exploration with a sort of awe. The practice, after all, is relatively new — most projects [...]
A number of scientific efforts comparable to the climate index initiative mimicking the widely publicized Dow Jones Industrial Average are at various stages of development in the scientific community. One such effort is that championed by climate change investments expert [...]
Americans since 1896 have tracked the economy’s health with the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Now, a climate policy expert working for an investment firm thinks it is time for a climate change average. It would be based on a wide [...]