- Climate Connections: Peak Change
- Climate Connections: Mock UN Summit
- Climate Connections: Scientist Turns Solar
- Climate Connections: Science Museum Energy Retrofit
- Climate Connections: Alpine of the Americas Project
- Climate Connections: Climate or Weather
- Climate Connections: Alligator River
- Protecting North Carolina Wetlands as Seas Rise
- Climate Connections: Lyme Disease
- Climate Connections: Allergies Alert
Author Archives: David Appell
‘Science at its best’ is illustrated by climate modelers’ continuing efforts to fully understand the differing changes in Arctic and Antarctic sea ice in a warming climate.
A panel of researchers at the AGU meeting recall legal threats and harassment they’re received for doing their job in science, and offer advice.
The impacts of a persistent decades-long warming trend remain clearly evident, says NOAA.
‘We are running out of time’ to prevent dangerous global warming, an icon of climate science tells his scientific brethren, while warning the fossil fuel industry that reports of his demise were greatly exaggerated.
More details from the sparkling AGU lecture by Judith Lean, with her hypothesis that large summer Arctic melts may be influencing winter temperatures in the northern hemisphere.
There is still much that climate models do not get right, including in regions where climate change is especially important to understand.
There is more to climate change than carbon dioxide, and no reason for surface temperatures to track exactly with its atmospheric increase.