- ‘Climate Connections’ Radio Series to Begin Airing on August 18
- Today’s Solar Power ‘Revolution’: Powerful Insights from Energy Experts
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors to Pay Costs for Solar
- A Look at Front-Page Coverage of EPA Proposed Power Plant Rules
- The Yale Forum is Now Yale Climate Connections
- More Temperature Variability in a Warming World? Not So.
- First-Day Coverage of 2014 National Climate Assessment
- On Climate…Notables and Quotables
- New Video Reports on ‘Unstoppable’ Antarctic Glacial Melting
- David Victor: Views Examined on Climate Politics, Communications
Author Archives: Julie Halpert
Climate change is at forefront of scientific issues, prompting some universities to re-examine faculty members’ roles in public outreach, social media, and social activism. A University of Michigan initiative samples faculty attitudes.
Some conservative interests are seeking a climate change ‘silver bullet’ attractive to their ranks and to their economic and political philosophies. An upstart Heartland Institute spin-off and a former South Carolina congressman are among those trying to show the way.
They’re among North America’s most vulnerable population groups, and their 95 million acres of tribal lands present Native Americans with a complex array of challenges and opportunities as they confront a warming climate.
Presbyterians, ‘a microcosm of the larger country,’ are taking an aggressive approach to the climate, including a ‘radical act’ in 2006 of urging carbon-neutrality.
Major sectors of the Jewish Community are taking strong positions on combating climate change. But philosophies and approaches differ somewhat from one branch of Judaism to another.
National news media ‘fact-checking’ operations and candidates’ own home state dailies are generally faulting GOP presidential candidates’ climate views, saying they are inconsistent with scientific evidence.
Rising prices for gas at the pump have more consumers looking at energy-efficient vehicles and other ways to stretch their dollars. Auto show celebrations of new environmentally friendly cars are the talk of the town …. the big question remains [...]