- Climate Connections: Peak Change
- Climate Connections: Mock UN Summit
- Climate Connections: Scientist Turns Solar
- Climate Connections: Science Museum Energy Retrofit
- Climate Connections: Alpine of the Americas Project
- Climate Connections: Climate or Weather
- Climate Connections: Alligator River
- Protecting North Carolina Wetlands as Seas Rise
- Climate Connections: Lyme Disease
- Climate Connections: Allergies Alert
Author Archives: John Wihbey
Climate scientist Michael Mann and his former employer, the University of Virginia, win a ruling from the state’s Supreme Court supporting them while dissatisfying media interests who had filed a friend-of-the-court brief.
Upcoming deluxe cable TV climate change series — visually stunning and stocked with big-name celebrities — seeks to build toward broad public consensus on climate change issues and actions.
Climate Central climatologist Heidi Cullen discusses her role as one of the science advisers for upcoming Showtime ‘Years’ climate change documentary.
An upcoming Virginia Supreme Court ruling in litigation involving access to Michael Mann/University of Virginia e-mails raises thorny media access and freedom of information concerns involving potential scope of decision.
The cards increasingly are on the table for a decision on the proposed ‘tar sands’ oil pipeline. But unknowns and uncertainty abound on what comes next … and when.
The reining-in of a well-known science magazine’s comments section is aimed at improving science understanding and ‘literacy.’ The move highlights critical communications puzzles in the quickly evolving digital media world.
In this 50th anniversary year of JFK’s death, it’s worth pondering which of the many causes and themes advanced by Kennedy best speak to our time. John Wihbey reviews a new history by Jeffrey Sachs and looks at the scientific [...]