- Climate Connections: Alpine of the Americas Project
- Climate Connections: Climate or Weather
- Climate Connections: Alligator River
- Protecting North Carolina Wetlands as Seas Rise
- Climate Connections: Lyme Disease
- Climate Connections: Allergies Alert
- Climate Connections: Climate and Steroids
- Climate Connections: El Niño
- Climate Connections: Crazy About Coffee
- Climate Connections: Climate As Local Narrative
Category Archives: Commentary
A widely publicized climate study shoots down key skeptic argument. Some climate ‘skeptics’ now try shooting down that narrative.
Climate activists wanting to piggyback on the Occupy Wall Street movement have their work cut out for them.
The climate discourse needs ‘a new way,’ a policy expert advises, with an effort to ‘meet people where they are’ and focus more on solving the climate challenge rather than just winning the argument.
A new paper argues that climate educators and communicators are ignoring deeply held beliefs that influence climate skepticism.
For decades, population hogged the spotlight, even when the glare was harsh. But all eyes are on climate change these days, though it appears that population concerns are rising anew, along with the atmosphere’s concentration of greenhouse gases.
An Australian academic blasts shortcomings of democracy in addressing climate change challenges. And, in a provocative essay, also points to democracy as the answer to those problems.
As more Americans and politicians ignore, or dismiss, global warming, a debate heats up over why.