- Climate Connections: Lyme Disease
- Climate Connections: Allergies Alert
- Climate Connections: Climate and Steroids
- Climate Connections: El Niño
- Climate Connections: Crazy About Coffee
- Climate Connections: Climate As Local Narrative
- Climate Connections: Green Tea Coalition
- ‘Climate Connections’ Radio Series to Begin Airing on August 18
- Today’s Solar Power ‘Revolution’: Powerful Insights from Energy Experts
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors to Pay Costs for Solar
Category Archives: Commentary
AGU leadership professes its willingness to head-up an aggressive public policy and ‘education’ campaign directed at congressional skeptics.
Thousands gather this week in San Francisco for the American Geophysical Union’s annual meeting. This week’s posts will focus on developments at the meeting.
Cognitive linguist George Lakoff of Berkeley supports adding the term ‘systemic causation’ to our climate change dictionary and jargon. ‘Communicate the concept,’ he urges. (Reposted with permission)
In the emotions, joys, and disappointments immediately following an election campaign’s conclusion, the newly re-elected President touches briefly on our warming planet, ending the campaigns’ seeming taboos on mentioning climate change.
Nary a word has been spoken by the major party presidential candidates on an issue some scientists still insist posing the century’s pressing scientific challenges. Obama and Romney remain mute.
Part II on editorials and opinion columns on 2012 weather anomalies covers media in the South, the Great Lakes and Midwest regions, and the West.
Some things never change. Like the endless search for the perfect term to describe those seeing things differently on climate change issues.