- Today’s Solar Power ‘Revolution’: Powerful Insights from Energy Experts
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors to Pay Costs for Solar
- A Look at Front-Page Coverage of EPA Proposed Power Plant Rules
- The Yale Forum is Now Yale Climate Connections
- More Temperature Variability in a Warming World? Not So.
- First-Day Coverage of 2014 National Climate Assessment
- On Climate…Notables and Quotables
- New Video Reports on ‘Unstoppable’ Antarctic Glacial Melting
- David Victor: Views Examined on Climate Politics, Communications
- National Climate Assessment Report: Warming Here … and Now
Category Archives: Commentary
‘BEST’ is the acronym physicist Richard Muller has given to his widely publicized research efforts on surface temperatures. But his and protagonist Anthony Watts’ latest campaigns seem more of the ‘best’ of public relations than of the best of science. [...]
Major sea level rise reports forecasting trouble ahead for much of California and the Atlantic seaboard, coupled with blistering heat records across much of the U.S. … Cap it all off with a witty Stephen Colbert commentary and you’ve got [...]
The metric system has its rightful place in scientific reports, no question about that. But would providing some conversions to an audience’s ‘first language’ — think inches, feet, pounds, etc. — dis-serve science more than it might help inform the [...]
Some climate science communicators see ‘truth’ as handicapping their dialogues with the public and say advocates’ freedom from restrictions imposed by truth gives them an advantage in public discourse. If so … what then?
A Minnesota engineering professor takes aim at what he considers vacuous arguments and what constitutes proper handling of a series of online comments and jags going beyond the point of fair and serious commentary and analysis.*
Climate change is here to stay. But will media attention drift away?
A respected climate scientist, in the aftermath of an ‘ugly’ billboard posting campaign, reflects on the merits of … and need for … continued efforts to engage climate ‘skeptics’ in order to seek-out approaches to what he labels ‘one of [...]