- Climate Connections: Science Museum Energy Retrofit
- Climate Connections: Alpine of the Americas Project
- Climate Connections: Climate or Weather
- Climate Connections: Alligator River
- Protecting North Carolina Wetlands as Seas Rise
- Climate Connections: Lyme Disease
- Climate Connections: Allergies Alert
- Climate Connections: Climate and Steroids
- Climate Connections: El Niño
- Climate Connections: Crazy About Coffee
Category Archives: Media
‘More important than ever’ for today’s journalists covering climate change to ‘think creatively’ about how best to tell their stories.
What was the big news and will it carry over into the New Year?
Scientist and agriculture writer Gary Paul Nabhan urges journalists to give farmers bigger voice in climate change reporting.
Wanted: Climate change communication that is surprising, delightful, beautiful, or witty. Over-the-top appeals to fear or guilt need not apply.
Imagine one-seventh of the world’s population — a billion people — contributing to identifying solutions to global climate change, doing something their political leaders may not be able to do on their own. Does ‘crowdsourcing’ … show the way?
‘What hope?’ is there, a veteran environmental reporter asks a panel after hearing their bleak prognoses for addressing the planet’s climate challenges? And Einstein’s advice … simple but not too simple.
A new funding partnership between NSF and an NBC affiliate promises more informed coverage of climate science. But questions arise about implications for journalistic independence and integrity.