- Today’s Solar Power ‘Revolution’: Powerful Insights from Energy Experts
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors to Pay Costs for Solar
- A Look at Front-Page Coverage of EPA Proposed Power Plant Rules
- The Yale Forum is Now Yale Climate Connections
- More Temperature Variability in a Warming World? Not So.
- First-Day Coverage of 2014 National Climate Assessment
- On Climate…Notables and Quotables
- New Video Reports on ‘Unstoppable’ Antarctic Glacial Melting
- David Victor: Views Examined on Climate Politics, Communications
- National Climate Assessment Report: Warming Here … and Now
Category Archives: Media
A new national survey of broadcast meteorologists provides a more refined and nuanced portrait than the broad-brush image of their generally being steadfastly resistant to much of the established climate science.
Matt Nisbet’s ‘Climate Shift’ research report raised headline-grabbing points on fundraising successes by those advocating action on climate change. But it’s what lies behind those headlines — and relating specifically to media coverage — that also warrants further review and [...]
An extended and slightly edited transcript of American University ‘Climate Shift’ researcher Matthew Nisbet’s e-mail interview exchange with Yale Forum regular contributor John Wihbey.
The recent spate of severe weather events is drawing increased attention — in science and some journalism arenas — to possible links with long-term climate change. It’s an explosive issue and one that will demand close attention and monitoring as [...]
Is comedy on climate change an antidote to the obstacles impeding improved public understanding? For one thing, it can get people otherwise not inclined “into the room,” says stand-up comedian Yoram Bauman of Seattle, who points also to other advantages.
As an engaging and charismatic communicator, Bjorn Lomborg has few peers addressing climate change. But an analysis of his Cool It documentary, now available on dvd, documents long-standing shortcomings reporters should consider so stories of personal courage and conviction don’t [...]
Jon Stewart’s highly regarded Comedy Central false-news program, “The Daily Show,” is no stranger to climate change. But along with the humor and wit, there are times when a bit more scientific rigor might help inform his important audience.