- Boston Bike Sharing
- Booming Business of Global Warming
- The Long Melt: The Lingering Influence of ‘The Day After Tomorrow’
- U.S.’s 1930s Dust Bowl Worst in a Millennium
- Planners Moving Beyond Historical Experiences Alone
- Food Waste to Fuel: Less Waste = Less Excess Warming?
- Annapolis Landmarks at Risk in Warming World
- For Climate Photos, Global Equals Local
- Evacuteers: New Orleans’ Evacuation Access Spots
- Ice-Fi: The Motion Pictur-Ice-sque Legacy of ‘The Day After Tomorrow’
Category Archives: News Notes
“The flip side of climate change.” That’s the sound bite promoters of a new film on ocean acidification are using to describe “A Sea Change,” a film they say is based on “hard scientific information” to make the case about [...]
Another nail in the coffin for those hang-tight ink-in-the-veins journalism types who have become the digital age’s dinosaurs.
It wasn’t one of those “Dear Colleague” memos from the Executive Editor announcing yet another scaling back of newsroom staff. Enough already. Whew! This one, from New York Times Executive Editor Bill Keller on December 17, instead was a move [...]
Journalists Andy Revkin of The New York Times and John Carey of Business Week are to join Tom Rosenstiel, of the Project for Excellence in Journalism, and leading climate scientists Maureen Raymo of Boston University and Michael Mann of Penn [...]
Press registration is open for the 2009 American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Annual Meeting Newsroom in Chicago February 12-16, 2009.
The University of Colorado’s Center for Environmental Journalism (CEJ) has launched a new blog addressing environmental journalism, under the leadership of CEJ Co-Director Tom Yulsman, who oversees the school’s Graduate Certificate in Environment, Policy and Society.
Yale Forum regular contributor Bill Dawson, a veteran journalist with extensive experience as a former Houston Chronicle environmental reporter, is sharpening his – and his Texas audience’s – focus on climate change with a newly launched Texas Climate News website.