- Climate Connections: Alligator River
- Protecting North Carolina Wetlands as Seas Rise
- Climate Connections: Lyme Disease
- Climate Connections: Allergies Alert
- Climate Connections: Climate and Steroids
- Climate Connections: El Niño
- Climate Connections: Crazy About Coffee
- Climate Connections: Climate As Local Narrative
- Climate Connections: Green Tea Coalition
- ‘Climate Connections’ Radio Series to Begin Airing on August 18
Category Archives: News Notes
Journalists looking for compelling examples of how cities are acting to reduce CO2 emissions have some new resources available to them. The New York Times and other media outlets in late September reported on initiatives in Chicago, Portland, and Berkeley.
Photojournalist Gary Braasch’s images from his 2007 book Earth Under Fire (see Forum article) is being featured in six postage stamps as part of the United Nations’ “Year of Planet Earth.”
Rapid shifts in temperatures have altered the global climate repeatedly in Earth history, and some scientists worry that the rapid warming seen in recent decades could trigger such a change now. Still, little is known about what drives these global [...]
There’s a really strong connection between conservative think tanks and books taking a “skeptics” approach to environmental issues.
A shifting storm track to the northern latitudes of the U.S. is expected to leave the Southwest increasingly parched during the spring season, according to a new study published in Geophysical Research Letters and covered by Scientific American August 20.
An all-day October 15 workshop kicking-off the Society of Environmental Journalists’ (SEJ) 18th annual conference, in Roanoke, Va., will explore coverage of America’s energy future in the context of climate change concerns and potential impacts on local “coal country” jobs [...]
The electric utility’s Palo Alto-based research and development arm, the Electric Power Research Institute, EPRI, in July announced that 34 major utilities will work with it and with General Motors “to facilitate integration of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles into the [...]