- Evacuteers: New Orleans’ Evacuation Access Spots
- Ice-Fi: The Motion Pictur-Ice-sque Legacy of ‘The Day After Tomorrow’
- Safely Feeding More People…in a Warming World
- DOD Climate Change ‘Roadmap’: Bumpy Ride Ahead
- Warming Means Rising Storm Tides in N.Y. Harbor
- L.A. Cool Roofs Combatting Warming Climate
- Less Tule Fog a Concern for California Agriculture
- Your Fork and Diet as Tools for Combatting Climate Change
- A Review of Climate Fiction (Cli-Fi) Cinema … Past and Present
- Virginia’s Lengthy Coast Line Confronts Sea Level Rise
Category Archives: News Notes
Readers of the Eugene Register-Guard are getting a regular dose of climate change insights by way of a frequent column written by the Director of the University of Oregon’s Climate Leadership Initiative.
Ohio State University glaciologist Lonnie Thompson and climatologist Ellen Mosley-Thompson in May traveled to Jerusalem to receive the $1million Dan David Prize.
Clean Tech entrepreneurs: start your business plans. The California Clean Tech Open, a non-profit project to promote clean tech start-ups, will be judging the ideas and business savvy of an expected 150 applicants from around the state. The deadline for [...]
WSJ Columnist’s View: ‘Mass Neurosis …. Sick-Souled Religion’ Wall Street Journal ‘Global View’ columnist and WSJ editorial board member Bret Stephens, consistent with generally approved practices for columnists and opinion writers, was taking no prisoners.
The Houston Chronicle‘s science reporter, Eric Berger, has been working to expand communications between scientists and readers in his blog’s discussion forum.
A full-length Oregon Public Broadcasting TV documentary, available online, provides an in-depth look at broadcast meteorologists and weathercasters as “skeptics” on the fact and/or causes of climate change over the past several decades.
A new Brookings Institution report, ranking the U.S.’ 100 largest metropolitan areas in terms of their “carbon footprint,” may offer a peg for reporters and editors wanting to localize the climate change impacts story.