- Climate Connections: Science Museum Energy Retrofit
- Climate Connections: Alpine of the Americas Project
- Climate Connections: Climate or Weather
- Climate Connections: Alligator River
- Protecting North Carolina Wetlands as Seas Rise
- Climate Connections: Lyme Disease
- Climate Connections: Allergies Alert
- Climate Connections: Climate and Steroids
- Climate Connections: El Niño
- Climate Connections: Crazy About Coffee
Category Archives: News Notes
Not so long ago it would have been unheard of to read in a general newspaper that there is a movement afoot for individual property owners to generate their own electricity with individual wind turbines.
Here’s a fun (?) exercise for climate scientists. Put on a reporter’s shoes. The President gives a Rose Garden climate change change speech. You’re on deadline – let’s say one hour – and your editor is demanding a reaction story: [...]
The National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) is piloting what it expects will be an annual NCAR Journalism Fellowship.
Presidential Democratic candidates and Senators Barack Obama of Illinois and Hillary Clinton of New York, and Republican candidate John McCain of Arizona haven’t had to do much bobbing and weaving to avoid tough questions about their positions on climate change [...]
Ink-in-the-veins journalism types – or is it anachronisms? – may shed a well-deserved tear in reading liberal City University of New York journalism professor Eric Alterman’s “Out of Print: The death and life of the American newspaper” in the March [...]
The new online ‘ClimateWire’ news service, produced by the publisher of the more established ‘Greenwire’, is starting off by providing some useful reporting on climate issues that may have slipped under the radar of most less specialized media.
The Monday, March 24 issue of The Wall Street Journal provides a fresh perspective on how seriously parts of big business may be taking public concerns about climate change. It appears from the report that a driving concern for these [...]