- Climate Connections: Peak Change
- Climate Connections: Mock UN Summit
- Climate Connections: Scientist Turns Solar
- Climate Connections: Science Museum Energy Retrofit
- Climate Connections: Alpine of the Americas Project
- Climate Connections: Climate or Weather
- Climate Connections: Alligator River
- Protecting North Carolina Wetlands as Seas Rise
- Climate Connections: Lyme Disease
- Climate Connections: Allergies Alert
Category Archives: Politics
Regular contributor Bruce Lieberman’s 20-minute webinar probes the views of author and Professor David Victor on building public support for risk management actions.
Yale Forum May webinar to probe author and professor David Victor’s ‘three species’ of climate skeptics, who, he says, won’t be going away any time soon.
A journal’s retraction of a researcher’s work in light of a ‘small number’ of complaints from those often described as climate ‘skeptics’ raises concerns about a chilling effect on scientific research. (Reposted with permission of The Conversation.)
Stop calling them ‘denialists,’ a U.C. San Diego poli sci professor advises in outlining his three ‘species’ of climate skepticism. And, he says, get used to them … they’re not going away any time soon.
The cards increasingly are on the table for a decision on the proposed ‘tar sands’ oil pipeline. But unknowns and uncertainty abound on what comes next … and when.
Conservative, liberal, and moderate editorial cartoonists’ biting takes on the early-January ‘polar vortex’ and the spectacle of a Russian research vessel ice-bound while researching climate change in Antarctica will make readers laugh…and also weep.
A seven-year-old upstart nonprofit is making a mark in climate dialog circles in part by using a model successful in addressing global poverty concerns.