- ‘Climate Connections’ Radio Series to Begin Airing on August 18
- Today’s Solar Power ‘Revolution’: Powerful Insights from Energy Experts
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors to Pay Costs for Solar
- A Look at Front-Page Coverage of EPA Proposed Power Plant Rules
- The Yale Forum is Now Yale Climate Connections
- More Temperature Variability in a Warming World? Not So.
- First-Day Coverage of 2014 National Climate Assessment
- On Climate…Notables and Quotables
- New Video Reports on ‘Unstoppable’ Antarctic Glacial Melting
- David Victor: Views Examined on Climate Politics, Communications
Category Archives: Public Health
Discover magazine Contributing Editor describes her soon-to-be-released non-fiction book as a ‘natural off-shoot’ of her news reporting on climate change. One suggestion: a ‘medical Marshall Plan.’
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s advice to coastal property owners to elevate their homes or face higher insurance premiums is a harbinger of more things likely to come.
Covering only the direct health impacts of climate change misses half the story, a panel advises reporters at SEJ’s annual conference.
Researchers say climate frames reflecting public health, rather than environmental or national security issues, may do more at persuading those ‘as yet unpersuaded.’ Cautions expressed about a ‘boomerang’ or backlash effect from national security framing.
They’re among North America’s most vulnerable population groups, and their 95 million acres of tribal lands present Native Americans with a complex array of challenges and opportunities as they confront a warming climate.
Tackling black carbon (soot) and other short-term pollutants buys valuable time for tackling CO2. But in long term, CO2 emissions reductions are seen as remaining critical.
Public health/climate change connections increasingly being recognized by the medical establishment might help in informing the public at large. Policy experts say a growing awareness of the public health/climate linkage could be a key in breaking through political logjams impeding [...]