- Albedo: Lighter Colors Reflect, Darker Ones Absorb, Heat
- The Arctic Brings Surprises, but the Trend Remains Clear
- Increased Atmospheric Rivers of Rain Predicted for West Coast
- One Person’s Waste…Another’s Energy
- California: 11 Trillion Gallons of Drought
- Researchers Address Unanswered Questions in National Climate Assessment
- Understanding Important Energy Wording
- Columbia’s Jeff Sachs: Global Challenges…But Still Some Hope?
- Sober Suprises: Greenland Ice Melt Speeds Up
- ‘Pushing the Edge’ to Improve Weather Forecasts
Category Archives: Science
Independent video producer Peter Sinclair captures the views of eight scientists representing some of the nation’s leading research institutions in a concise video newly produced for The Yale Forum.
Options for engineering the climate system, some long-dismissed by many as a vestige of Buck Rogers, are getting additional attention as near-term prospects for an effective political remedy remain bleak. But with research into the subject come increasing numbers of [...]
A review of 20 major news organization’s coverage of a recent study in Science on melting of ice sheets shows some high-quality reporting … but with lots of the coverage falling short on providing deeper context.
Climate attendees at AGU’s just-concluded fall meeting might well feel a surge of energy and renewed hope for doing ‘something meaningful’ to address climate challenges. The signs seem intangible but real, but also real is the question of where things [...]
It’s a year of broken records on sea and land ice melting, Arctic temperature, and more, report NOAA researchers … and a word of caution: ‘What happens in the Arctic doesn’t stay in the Arctic.’
The opportunity to limit the rise in average global temperatures this century to 2 degrees Celsius above pre-Industrial levels — corresponding to a CO2 atmospheric concentration of 450 ppm — has pretty much slipped away, says climate scientist Robert Watson.
Environmental photographer and filmmaker James Balog brings to AGU session a unique skill and message on communicating on climate change.